ERC Fact Sheet
HISTORY: The Ethics Resource Center (ERC) was established in 1922 as American Viewpoint--a non-profit, nonpartisan organization dedicated to pioneering educational citizenship programs for immigrants entering America. In 1980, the organization officially changed its name to the Ethics Resource Center and in 1985 launched a business line of organizational ethics consulting. In subsequent years, the organization has conducted cutting-edge ethics research and expanded to incorporate educational institutions and international centers.
VISION: Our vision is a world where individuals and organizations act with integrity.
MISSION: The mission of the Ethics Resource Center is to strengthen ethical leadership worldwide by providing leading-edge expertise and services through research, education, and partnerships.
ERC is a proven entrepreneurial leader in the ethics research field. A few samples of our cutting-edge research projects include:
- National Business Ethics Surveys (1994, 2000, 2003, 2005 and 2008) -- the most rigorous longitudinal research effort examining organizational ethics from the employee's perspective.
- Ethics Index™--expansion of the NBES dataset for use by individual companies, in order benchmark against a third-party objective trend line, in compliance with Federal Sentencing Guidelines for Organizations.
- ERC Fellows Program--a select group of corporate, government, non-profit and educational leaders who share an expertise and strong practical interest in the fields of organizational ethics. The ERC Fellows Program identifies and conducts cutting-edge research on various topics affecting the industry (/fellows/index.html).
- Ethics Today--a free monthly newsletter that discusses relevant ethics research and information.
- Development of leading-edge ethics information and resources via our website (www.ethics.org.)
Building upon our respected position, ERC is expanding its research activities to continue to offer new insights into effective practices in business ethics. We are committed to sharing our findings with ethics professionals, business leaders, and the public at large through research reports, online resources, forums and newsletters.
Worldwide Ethics Consulting
Our client list covers a wide spectrum--from corporations to educational institutions to governmental departments at the local, state, and federal levels. Over the years, ERC has:
- Assisted more than two-thirds of the Fortune 100 in all phases of developing, implementing, managing, and assessing leading ethics and compliance programs.
- Established the nation's first comprehensive ethics office for General Dynamics in 1985.
- Testified before various governmental committees (e.g. Packard Commission) prior to formation of the Federal Sentencing Guidelines for Organizations (FSGO).
- Created ethics centers and provided ethics training in various parts of the world (particularly in emerging markets). ERC has helped to establish centers in Colombia, Russia, South Africa, Turkey, and the United Arab Emirates.
ERC has developed and delivered training to employees at top domestic and international companies. With more than 50 different training modules available, we offer training at the executive, management and front-line employee levels and can tailor one that is appropriate for any organization's goals and objectives. In addition, ERC regularly develops specialized workshops, presentations and seminars to prepare an organization's management or training staff to deliver customized ethics workshops.
ERC has experienced senior and mid-level personnel available to speak on a variety of ethics-related topics. Through a curriculum of 23 ethics workshops and associated presentations, we have a full repertoire to help organizational leaders prepare employees, colleagues and key stakeholders to integrate ethical standards into their thoughts, decisions and actions.
ERC fundamentally believes that ethics is learned throughout a lifetime. Thus, ERC plays an important role in preparing tomorrow's workforce. We do this through comprehensive character education programs at the high school and corporate levels. These include products and services such as:
- MAXIMize the Moment (teacher and family editions)--a character development subscription based product combining current events and everyday issues faced by kids with the time-honored wisdom of maxims (/maximize)
- Not For Sale Video"--award winning production which first introduced school-to-work issues in character education at the National Conference on Applied Ethics.
- Speaking at various conferences and meetings worldwide to further our vision and mission.
For more information, contact the ERC at email@example.com
ERC now offers federal agencies GSA contracts, contact us for more information.
Get Email Updates
Subscribe to receive periodic updates from ECI. Join our email list.
Connect with ECI
For more media related information, please contact 703.647.2185.